Looking for a much better way to walk your 3 dogs together?
We found an unusual way of walking 3 dogs together that makes it a lot easier and more enjoyable at the same time!
We use it ourselves every day and love it. It works.
Simple approach: YOU do the 'work' - with YOU in control:
- YOU untangle all leashes* in seconds - while walking
- It's this fast untangling, while continuing the walk, that is different and really makes it doable and much more fun!
- And the dogs love it too: Fewer stops* and
each dog gets lots of space.
"Dear boss, can you take all three of us for a walk again today?"
Why is it so difficult to walk 2, 3 or 4 dogs at once?
Owners and walkers of multiple dogs know it from experience: Leashes get terribly entangled, not every minute but often every few seconds!
Patent pending solution: The UTurn Handle
With this handle you can untangle all leashes while walking. The handle has 3 grips and 3 leash attachment holes. This design makes it possible to untangle all leash entanglements* in seconds with half turns of the handle while walking. This fast untangling capablity AND walking at the same time was never available before. It makes walking 3 dogs by yourself so much easier. We know it works: We use the handle ourselves to walk our 3 untrained cairn terriers every day (with one person).
Turning the handle is easy but it still is a little 'WORK' for the handler. The untangling is not automatic. If your dogs entangle often, you turn the handle often. But you and the dogs can keep on walking.
How does the handle work?
Click on some of the following short YouTube videos
Every half turn of the handle removes one entanglement in one second!
#1 Untangling (1:07) #2 Walking (1:31) #3 Untangling (1:18)
#4 Walking 4 (1:47) #5 Summary -Whiteboard Animation (3:17)
We apologize for the quality of the videos. These are our amateur videos. There is some duplication. They also don't show how easy it is to untangle but you can get a good idea of how it works. Walking with 3 is easy. Walking with 4 is doable but a lot more work. Running with 4 was for fun and is not recommended (tripping danger).
How can the handle help?
- Walk 3 dogs (or 2 or 4) by yourself, with confidence
- 100% untangling - by the handler, using the handle itself*
- 100% untangling - while walking, within seconds*
- fear of entanglements gone
- greatly reduced walking stress, makes walking fun again
- ample roaming space for each dog
- easy to reduce roaming space by choking all leashes when needed
- easy to direct each dog individually when needed
- use your own leashes
- super strong, light-weight, weather-resistant, non-toxic material
- no dropping of leashes; holding only one item makes it safer
- after untangling your hand can slide to the best grip depending on the new order of the dogs
- free both hands when needed (put the handle on an arm)
- designed for walking 3 dogs; usable with 1, 2, 3 or even 4 dogs
- works especially well with 3 untrained dogs (not possible before)
- dogs love it too, no more frustrating untangling stops every few minutes
- walk any time any day; no more waiting for a second walker
- walk any team of 2, 3 or 4 pets or other small animals
also ideal for walks on the beach (open space, easy on the paws, no traffic)
- Much easier and safer than using 3 separate leashes
- Much better than using a 3-way coupler (tripler) leash
- Better than using one 2-way coupler leash plus one separate leash
- The dogs don't jerk each other around (as happens with couplers); the user holds the handle and can therefore easily protect a weaker dog
- The dogs are not forced to walk side-by-side as with short couplers
- The user steadies the handle when a dog needs to do its business
Also very usable for walking 2 dogs (holding only one item, handle can be put on an arm, much easier and faster to untangle than 2 separate leashes, no dropping of leashes)
How can I order?
- Order here on our website, pay securely with PayPal (US, Canada).
(For PayPal instructions please read FAQ 3-6 or go directly to Order Items) (For other countries, read FAQ 2 and 3, or use Amazon)
- Or order on Amazon.com, pay securely with Amazon (US, Canada, Europe).
You can go directly to our Amazon page: Triple Dog Leash Handle
- Or order on eBay.com, pay securely with PayPal (US, Canada)
- Or order on Etsy.com, pay securely with PayPal (US, Canada)
Is the handle suitable for me and my dogs?
The UTurn handle is a new and very strong product for dog owners and dog walkers
who want to walk 2, 3 or 4 dogs with one person. We do not sell leashes
as you can use your own leashes.
handle can make a unique present for a family member or other relative,
or for a friend or neighbor who has 3 or more dogs, or who is a dog walker or
has a pet walking business.
- Recommended for
walking small to medium size dogs. It can also be used with larger
well-behaved dogs provided they are leash-trained and can be
controlled despite their pulling power. Please also view the
The handle is especially useful for dog owners or dog walkers who have one or more non-trained or partially trained dogs on the team (which means many entanglements)
ideal user is a dog owner who has 3 or 4 smaller dogs (used
to each other but not trained enough) and who wants to walk them more easily
- The U-Turn handle is not an ordinary leash handle. It's a 3-dog controller/untangler and also exceptionally strong. Testing has shown the material is over 5 times stronger than the best hardwood and will not break.
Is the handle not recommended in certain cases?
Yes. It's not a good idea for a team of three dogs that is too strong for one handler. On the opposite end, it may not work for tiny dogs that are reluctant to walk upfront or too weak to pull. The untangling is somewhat easier to do with some tension on at least one of the leashes although that is not absolutely necessary.
Attaching various leashes
Testers in Action
See under FAQ (14) for information on how to TEST your own home-made handle and try the untangling with 3 leashes or 3 strings!
*This is 100% untangling of LEASH entanglements = tangling between the 3 dogs/3 leashes themselves. No system can untangle 'handler' entrapments and 'external object' entanglements (see later in the Use Product and FAQ chapters for details). These LEASH entanglements comprise the majority of entanglements.
July 2014: Please view the 10 excellent reviews on Amazon