Walk your 3 dogs every day AND enjoy it!
Walking 3 untrained dogs (easy, for the handler AND for the three dogs)
Walking 4 untrained dogs (doable but more of a challenge)
- One very simple tool is all that's needed: The UTurn Handle
- We use it ourselves every day to walk our 3 cairn terriers. It works!
- Patent applied for in Feb 2013, issued Feb 2015, and a second patent pending
- Ideal for walking 3 dogs but also very usable with 2 dogs or even 4 dogs
The key to walking your 'master tangler' dogs all by yourself:
- Untangle all LEASH* entanglements in seconds while walking
- It's this fast untangling of the leashes, while continuing the walk, that makes walking 3 dogs doable AND much more fun!
- And the dogs love it too: Way fewer stops*, each dog gets lots of space and the dogs do not jerk each other around.
The UTurn handle has 3 grips, 3 leash attachment holes and a large central opening. This triangular three-grip design makes it possible to untangle all LEASH entanglements* in seconds while walking, via half turns of the handle. One half turn (180 degrees) for each entanglement. One half turn moves one triangle corner roughly to a position in-between the other two handle corners and this untangles one tangle between two leashes.
- Fast untangling and walking at the same time was never possible before. It makes walking 3 dogs, even untrained, partially trained or a mix of trained and untrained dogs suddenly very doable.
- Of course turning the handle is WORK for the handler as you need one half turn for each entanglement. If your dogs entangle often, you turn the handle often. But you and the dogs can keep on walking*!
- If you cannot walk your 3 dogs now or only with great difficulty because of all the tangles, you will now be able to do it - provided your 3 dogs together are not too powerful AND you are willing to do the untangling work
- Walking 3 dogs with the handle is easy (after you get the hang of the untangling in one or a few walks) but even FOUR dogs is possible although a bigger challenge due to the fourth leash.
*What is meant with 'LEASH' tangles?
1) LEASH tangles/entanglements, also called internal leash tangles, are defined as the tangles between the 3 dogs/3 leashes themselves, not with anything else. These comprise 80% or more of all possible entanglements. All of these LEASH tangles can be untangled while walking by turning the handle, no matter how many times a leash is entangled with another one. Each leash entanglement takes one half turn (180 degrees) with the handle.However NO system (not even the UTurn handle) can untangle the other 20%, which are
2) HANDLER entanglements (the handler gets blocked or encircled by one or more leashes) or
3) External-Object entanglements (with a tree, other person, other object, other person's dog, etc.).
To resolve those, it's best to stop and take special action. To get out of these entrapments, see the advice in the Use Product and FAQ chapters.
- We found that being able to untangle all LEASH tangles while walking makes walking any team of 3 dogs doable! For us it was impossible to walk our 3 dogs together without the handle. The dogs would get the leashes entangled too often and also encircle us way too fast. They would do that again and again within seconds. If you have tried it, you know the nightmare!
- By being able to untangle all LEASH tangles, while walking, it suddenly became much easier and even fun. It's still WORK (not automatic): You will turn the handle a lot especially if you have master tanglers. But you can now walk with full confidence despite the still occurring handler entanglements. And the more you use it, the more you and the dogs will tune in to each other (and also become better at escaping or avoiding some of
those handler entrapments).
How does the handle work?
Please view some of the following short YouTube videos:
Every half turn of the handle removes one leash entanglement in one second!
#1 Untangling (1:07) #2 Walking (1:31) #3 Untangling (1:18)
#4 Walking 4 (1:47) #5 Summary -Whiteboard Animation (3:17)
We apologize for the quality of the videos. These are our amateur videos. There is some duplication. They also don't show how easy it is to untangle while walking 3 dogs but you can get a good idea of how the untangling works. Walking with 3 is easy. Walking with 4 is doable but is more work. Running with 4 was just for fun and running with 2, 3 or 4 dogs is not recommended (tripping danger).
How can the handle help?
- 100% untangling of LEASH tangles* - by the handler, using the handle itself
- 100% untangling of LEASH tangles* - while walking, within seconds
(Caveat: Does NOT untangle HANDLER or external-object entanglements)
(As mentioned above LEASH tangles* are the tangles between the 3 leashes/dogs themselves)
- fear of entanglements gone
- walk 3 dogs (or 2 or 4) by yourself, with confidence
- greatly reduced walking stress, makes walking fun again
- ample roaming space for each dog
- easy to reduce roaming space by choking all leashes at once when needed
- easy to direct each dog individually when needed
- use with your own leashes
- super strong, light-weight, weather-resistant, non-toxic material
- no dropping of leashes; holding only one item makes it safer
- after untangling your hand can slide to the best grip depending on the new order of the dogs
- free both hands when needed (put the handle on an arm)
- designed for walking 3 dogs; usable with 1, 2, 3 or even 4, 5 or 6 dogs
- works very well with 3 untrained dogs (not possible before)
- dogs love it too, no more frustrating untangling stops every few minutes
- walk any time any day; no more waiting for a second walker
- walk any team of 2, 3 or 4 pets or other small animals used to leashes
- ideal for relaxed and controlled walking on the beach (open space, easy on the paws,
no traffic and no cats or squirrels:-) )
- Much better than using a 3-way coupler (tripler) leash
- Much easier and better than using 3 separate leashes
- Better than using one 2-way coupler leash plus one separate leash
- You can leash your 3 dogs up/off in your house so no dog ever escapes
- You can get your 3 dogs in or out of a car more safely, e.g. for a trip to the park or the vet
- The dogs don't jerk each other around (as happens with couplers); the user holds the handle and can therefore easily protect a weaker dog
- The dogs are not forced to walk side-by-side as is the case with short couplers
- The user steadies the handle when a dog needs to do its business
- Also very usable for walking 2 dogs (holding only one item, handle can be put on an arm, much easier and faster to untangle than 2 separate leashes, no dropping of leashes, using third hole for waste baggies)
Usable for walking 4 dogs (handle + 1 extra leash), 5 dogs (handle + 2-way coupler), 6 dogs (handle + 3-way coupler) (see FAQ 17 and 18 for details)
How can I order?
- Ordering via our website is NOT AVAILABLE May 26 - June 10
pay securely with PayPal (US, Canada, *EU).
(For PayPal instructions - if needed - read FAQ 3-6)
(*For other countries, also read FAQ 2 and 3, or order via Amazon below)
- Order on Amazon.com, pay securely with Amazon (US, Canada, other countries*: Europe, Argentina, Brazil, Costa Rica, Israel, Mexico, South Africa). You can go directly to our Amazon page: Triple Dog Leash Handle
- Or order on eBay.com, pay securely with PayPal (US, Canada)
Our eBay page: Go to eBay UTurn Handle
- Or order on Etsy.com, pay securely with PayPal (US, Canada)
Our Etsy page: Go to Etsy UTurrn Handle
Free Shipping (US only) in April and May 2015:
Ebay and Etsy: FREE Standard Shipping (US)
Amazon: FREE Economy Shipping (US) and 5% Discount for 2 or more handles
(*Caution for all international/non-US orders: Buyer is responsible for paying import duties and/or value added taxes (VAT) levied by the buyer's country at delivery. These vary from country to country and are not known/included. Please investigate import duties and taxes levied by your country for US imported goods before ordering.)
Is the handle suitable for me and my dogs?
- The UTurn handle is a new and very strong product for dog owners and dog walkers who want to walk 2, 3 or 4 dogs with one person. We do not sell leashes as you can use your own leashes.
- The handle can make a unique present for a family member or other relative, or a friend or neighbor who has 3 or more dogs, or who is a dog walker.
- The handle is especially useful for dog owners or walkers who have one or more untrained or partially trained dogs (which means many tangles)
- Recommended for walking small to medium size dogs. It can also be used with larger well-behaved dogs provided they are leash-trained and can be controlled despite their pulling power. Please also view the Safety chapter.
- The ideal user is a dog owner who has 3 or 4 smaller dogs (used to each other but not trained enough) and wants to walk them much more easily
The U-Turn handle is not an ordinary leash handle. It's a 3-grip controller/detangler/untangler and also very strong. Testing has shown the material is over 5 times stronger than the best hardwood and will not break.
Is the handle not recommended in certain cases?
- It's not a good idea for a team of 3 that is too strong for one handler
- On the opposite end, it may not work for tiny dogs that do not like to walk in front or are too weak to pull. The detangling goes easier with some tension on some of the leashes but is not absolutely necessary.
- It's not a good idea if the dogs have never walked on leashes
- It's not a good idea if the dogs do not get along or are prone to start a fight or do not yet know each other (unless docile and friendly)
- It's not a good idea if turning the handle is too hard on/for your hands
- For the 20% handler entrapments the handler may need to bend, kneel, or step out of the tangles, which will require some agility
- It is not needed for well-trained dogs that do not entangle (much)
No, it's not ideal. 'Ideal' is fully automatic untangling where the handler and the dogs do not need to do anything. However automatic untangling with 3 or 4 dogs/leashes is impossible. The handle is somewhere in-between 'impossible' and 'ideal': It makes walking 3 or even 4 possible and the handler does the untangling.
Attaching various leashes
Easiest to attach:
Testers in Action
Testing: See under FAQ (14) for information on how to TEST your own home-made handle and try the untangling with 3 leashes yourself before ordering. FAQ chapter is currently not available, it will be re-instated by June 10, 2015.
Recommendation for all walks: Always untangle often = Try to keep the dogs/leashes untangled!
As soon as you see one or two entanglements, untangle. Then the untangling is by far the easiest. It gets progressively harder when more and more entanglements build up (and even harder - but not impossible - after some of the leashes finally start to wrap around the handle itself).
May 27, 2015: Please view the many customer reviews on Amazon
Feedback: If you ordered via Amazon you can use one of the Amazon feedback options:
1. Customer Reviews (about the product and optionally also the seller) and/or
2. Seller Feedback (about the seller)
A review on Amazon is by far the most helpful for our small company.
To add your Amazon Customer/Product Review please login to your Amazon account, click on Your Orders, then on Orders, and then on Write a product review. You can also add seller feedback.
Thanks to everyone who took (or will take) the time to write a review. We also like to hear your suggestions!